Saturday, December 1, 2012

Synthesis

Teachers and students can create lessons using this app; Educreations. This is an app that is a whiteboard that you can create lessons by drawing or you can use pictures like I did below. Students can make lessons: such as explaining place value etc 







My students watched the short video on synthesis from Educreations that I created. Next,  I modeled the strategy using one of Chris Van Allsburg's books.  As I read the book, I used metacognitive stem, I'M THINKING, and stopped at various parts and said "I'm thinking  _______, Now I'm thinking ______, Now I'm really thinking _______, I'm getting it now, I'm thinking _______".  Then, I read another Chris Van Allsburg's book and stopped at various points and had students write on whiteboards what they were thinking.  Finally, students will practice the strategy during guided reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment